Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189) is a points-based visa for skilled workers/professionals who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member. With this visa, you and your immediate family can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
You are eligible for this visa if you have been invited to apply and must:
- Have experience in a nominated occupation on Medium and Long Term Skill Shortage List (MLTSSL)
- Be able to score at least 65 points on the points test
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation
- Have Competent English
- Have a skills assessment with the relevant assessing authority
- Submit an Expression of Interest
- Meet General Skilled Migration basic requirements, including health and character checks
Find out with our calculator here
Every individual & every profession is unique, and the migration regulation is always a consistently changing policy. To know exactly your eligibility, please consult with us.