Skilled Regional provisional visa allows skilled workers to live and work in regional or low-population growth metropolitan areas of Australia for upto 4 years. There are 3 pathways to the visa: The Extended stay pathway / The Invited pathway / The Subsequent entry pathway
- be nominated by a state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative (Invited pathway)
- be invited to apply (Invited pathway)
- have a relevant occupation
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- meet the points test pass mark of 60 points
- be under 45 years of age at time of invitation
- have Competent English
- For a stay period of 4 years
If applying via the extended stay pathway, apply for the visa if meet the eligibility criteria.
If applying via the invited pathway, submit an expression of interest (EOI) via Skillselect with details of nominated occupation, skills and qualifications and whether will be sponsored by a family member or wish to be nominated by an Australian state or territory. SkillSelect will estimate a points score. If score high enough:
- will be invited to apply for the visa if sponsored by a relative
- Australian state and territory government agencies will be able to view your EOI and decide if they want to nominate. If nominated, an invite will be sent for applying the visa.
If applying via the subsequent entry pathway, apply for the visa if meet the eligibility criteria.
Find out with our calculator here