Skilled Regional provisional visa allows skilled workers to live and work in regional or low-population growth metropolitan areas of Australia for upto 4 years. There are 3 pathways to the visa: The Extended stay pathway / The Invited pathway / The Subsequent entry pathway.
- Be nominated by a state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative (Invited pathway)
- Be invited to apply (Invited pathway)
- Have a relevant occupation
- Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- Meet the points test pass mark of 60 points
- Be under 44 years of age at time of invitation
- Have Competent English
If applying through the extended stay pathway, visa can be applied for, if the eligibility criteria is met.
If applying through the invited pathway, submit an expression of interest (EOI) via Skillselect with details of nominated occupation, skills and qualifications and whether will be sponsored by a family member or wish to be nominated by an Australian state or territory. SkillSelect will estimate a points score. If score is high enough, you:
- Will be invited to apply for the visa if sponsored by a relative
- Australian state and territory government agencies will be able to view your EOI and decide if they want to nominate. If nominated, an invite will be sent for applying the visa.
If applying through the subsequent entry pathway, visa can be applied for if the eligibility criteria is met.
Find out with our calculator here
Every individual & every profession is unique, and the migration regulation is always a consistently changing policy. To know exactly your eligibility, please consult with us.