Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers. It allows you to work in Australia under one of three streams (The Temporary Residence Transition stream, The Direct Entry stream, The Labour Agreement stream.)
- Be nominated by an approved Australian employer
- Be under 45 years of age
- Meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements
- Submit an Expression of Interest
- Meet General Skilled Migration basic requirements, including health and character checks
This stream may be available if your employer wishes to sponsor you for permanent residence.You may be eligible under this stream if you hold either of the following:
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482) – in the medium-term stream
- and have worked for your employer full-time in Australia on your TSS and/or subclass 457 visa(s) for at least 3 out of the previous 4 years (before the nomination is made) in the same position that they have nominated you for.
If you do not meet the requirements under the TRT stream (for example, because you have never, or only briefly worked in Australia), this stream may then be available if your employer still wishes to sponsor you for permanent residence.
This stream may be available if your employer wishes to sponsor you for permanent residence and has entered into a labour agreement with the Department that provides for a permanent residence pathway.
Find out with our calculator here